Sunday, June 14, 2015

SOMETIME, SOME TIME, SOMETIMES



Sometime. (Adverb)
Meaning:
At some unsfecified or unknown time.
-I want to visit my uncle in Bali sometime.
-You must come and have fun with us sometime.
Some time. (Noun)
Meaning:
A period of some length.
-Give me some time to think of it.
-I spent some time having fun with my friends.
Sometimes. (Adverb)
Meaning:
Occasionally, rather than all of the time.
-Sometimes you look beautiful. (Kadang-kadang aja :D  )
-Sometimes I don't feel like doing anything.


MAY AND MIGHT.

MAY and MIGHT – Degree of Certainty

“Degree of certainty” refers to how sure we are; what we think the chances are; that something is probably true. If we are sure something is true in the present, we don’t need to use a modal.

MAY and MIGHT are used to express a weak degree of certainty.
Compare these examples:
• He is sick.
[I’m sure; I’m stating a fact that I’m sure he is sick.]
• He may be sick.
[Perhaps, maybe, possibly he is sick.]

MAY and MIGHT – Shows possibility
MAY and MIGHT both express the idea of possibility. MAY shows strong possibility, whereas MIGHT shows less possibility. Be aware that MAY can also be used for permission.

MAY and MIGHT have similar meaning to COULD to mean to suggest a possible outcome; they are interchangeable.
• She may change her mind.
• She might change her mind.
• She could change her mind.
However, COULD implies a slightly higher degree of likeness than MIGHT.


SOMEDAY VS. ONE DAY


This is a very simple article about the difference between Someday and One day. Both Someday and Oneday are adverbs.
Someday.
Meaning:
-At some unspecified time in the future.
If someday you lose your way, you know where I am.
One day.
Meanings:
-At some unspecified time in the future.
I'm sure that I'll succeed one day.
-At some unspecified time in the past.
I think I was here one day.
Taken from some trusted English dictionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment